Saturday, May 31, 2008

Charity's Views on Being Born Again

This discussion with Charity, my Spiritual Professor CIE, took place in 1995, when I was reading several books written by Fundamentalist Christian writers regarding their personal experiences of being “born again.” I do not remember who these writer were, so I cannot give proper attribution to their writings. I trust the reader can forgive me for that and focus on the topic they explained, what they went through in their minds. Then one can see what Charity thought better explained just how they experienced this emotional change in their lives.

I was raised by a father who was a Presbyterian preacher who never mentioned this subject. In my case, he had me prepare to become a member of his church by going to classes and then, when I was old enough (12), saying the creed which allowed me to become a member of the organization. There was no big epiphany or emotional change in my own mind during all this process.

Ralph: He writes regarding TRUTH, and being convicted of having wrong thoughts. It’s hard to know what wrong thoughts, feelings and behaviors are.

Charity: Correct.

Ralph: So he (Holy Spirit) is the one “who indwells me and aids my understanding of the will of the Heavenly Father as well as facilitating a more intimate relationship with God Incarnate Jesus Christ”.

Charity: That is nonsense.

Ralph: The “he” says, “It is Jesus Christ.”

Charity: So which is it? We need a clarification of what he means by “indwells”.

Ralph: Just taking that much, can you give me any clues of what he’s talking about?

Charity: (Laughs) What he is quoting is that he was “born again”. That’s what he has been indoctrinated with. This is his “thoughtform” that has entered onto himself that has indoctrinated him unto the idea of what “the Scriptures” state.

Ralph: Coming from his physical, live teacher?

Charity: Correct.

Ralph: Which is where it has to start in the first place.

Charity: Correct.

Ralph: Here’s where we got that. “It has been given to me upon my request to dwell within me many years ago.” So the writer was a person way past birth.

Charity: That’s what we need to have him understand, that is “of Jesus Christ.” Again that is a part of the Great Teacher, down to any human.

Ralph: All these people who tell me from the pulpit or from testimonials, that they have Jesus Christ living within them and guiding them everyday, are wrong?

Charity: That’s correct.

Ralph: Another sacred ox.

Charity: What guides you is that heard Essence, your Essence, the one who has been taught by The Great Teacher also. ‘To dwell within me many years ago.” When he had “been born again”.

Ralph: This says that they were evil up until that moment, and then they got the purity.

Charity: Which is incorrect.

Ralph: Now I’m just saying I always had a problem with that, since I didn’t feel I was born evil, and therefore I didn’t have a reason to be cleansed of my native evilness because I never felt I had it. Now that, of course, makes me peculiar, because then they say, “You must have because everybody is.” And I say, “No, no.” This writer indicated that it was something horrible and evil within him that he gave up.

Charity: But it was nothing that was “horrible and evil”. It was the parents. Which is totally untrue. You are a perfect human being when you are born and the Essence is brought into you. You therefore have your choice of free will, from that point on, to listen to your Essence.

No comments: